On the blog...
- Scavenger hunt teams posted here.
- 45min to try and complete as many items on the scavenger hunt list as possible and earn points.
- BONUS 10 points if your team dresses up in a holiday theme.
- Prize pack for the team who scores the most points.
- Sunday is a leader lead run on rolling / mixed terrain.
- 3rd week of base training
- Run duration: 3hrs
- Continuous training in Zone 1 + 2.
- Mark yourself away here
Final 2 weeks / 25km training
Final 2 weeks / 50k training
Tripping / catching your feet while you run?
This happens to all of us from time to time. Here are a few tips for you to consider if you start to notice this happening more often.
1. Ensure you're taking in enough calories / energy in regular intervals during your long runs. Recommendation is to start with a minimum of 100 calories every 30-45min. Fatigue is often the number one reason people will trip or fall on a run.
2. Ensure there is ample space in-front of you and the person running ahead. This will help you see / anticipate terrain.
3. Avoid looking back over your shoulder when you're talking to the person behind you. Keep your eyes on the trail.
4. Pay attention to your gait. Are your hips flexors tight which limits your hip flexion and potentially increases your foot to "cast" forward when you run? This might indicate that you you need to strengthen and/or release tension in your hips, for example.
Bringing back a few classic videos from the PACE team sharing some of their favourite running and training tips. These are great for beginners, as well solid reminders for those veterans out there!
Shoes / Foot Care by: Anthony Dodds
Quick Tips by: Kevin Siggers