- adapting your week to rest if you extended into an additional build week last week with the Big White race, mountain trips or pushing your personal goals.
- the perfect summit for you.
- how well do you adapt to situations in your training?
- distance challenge & speed workout details
- this weeks hashtag: #theperfectsummitforyou #earnyourcheckmark
- new playlist details
Feeling Alive by: Hannah. Click HERE.
What went wrong log? Click HERE.
Quick post run stretching routine by Coach R. Click HERE.
Congratulations to all the Big White Racers!
Happy Birthday to Lisa, Trudi & belated to Pam :)
This week we focus on redefining goals for the final four weeks of the clinic. Take a moment to remember where you started. What have you learned? What have you gained or have you slacked off? Maybe you worked through some set backs or are still coming back from a set back. Are you feeling jazzed to wrap up strong?
When you look back at the next four weeks, how do you want to feel?
Redefining your goals for the final four. Let's get to the heart of how you want to feel and then get after it!! CLICK HERE.
Visit the online performance centre to review the video on foam rolling. CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to read Hannah's blog post on restoration this week.
Please RSVP for Wednesdays run before Tuesday at 7pm so we can plan accordingly. Thanks!
I scheduled the speed workout on Tuesday this week because we're in REST week and the group run is in a rather hilly location the following day.
The workout is 10 cycles of 30sec hard and 30sec easy, sandwiched between a 20min warm up and cool down. It's best performed on flat terrain. It's such a fun one!
Remember though - if you feel like you need more rest, replace it with a 30-45min easy run.
Group run at Lebanon Creek. Details TBA once RSVP is complete. We will either lead small groups or flag a lollipop route for people to run at their own pace and with folks within their bubbles.
Ahhh... it's a breezy looking weekend :) Groups run 75min to 90min MAX. Go easy, stay steady and have fun. Remember this week as you reduce your volumes, intensity and embrace more rest - you're getting stronger.
EARN YOUR CHECKMARKS
Complete the Wednesday and Sunday workouts for two checkmarks. Do you best and modify if necessary but try. Just getting out the door earns you two checkmarks regardless of how it looks or goes.
If you want to earn two bonus checkmarks - post a photo of your workout to social media with the following hashtags this week:#earnyourcheckmark #pacetrailruns #thefinalfour #rememberwhereyoustarted
Happy Birthday to Kristie Dodds & Jennifer Goodwin!! xo
T-SHIRTS / PRIZE PICK UP
Arrive EARLY this Wednesday to pick up your clinic t-shirt and any prizes you may have won this clinic. You can pick up your items between 5:30pm and 5:50pm at the start of the run.
This week I talk about pressure vrs having fun and what can we do if start to take things too seriously or overthink some things too much. I also discuss the contrast to anyone who perhaps uses pressure as an excuse and holds back.
Review uphill technique / tips:
Back to back thirds challenge this weekend!
Relentlessly pursue what matters most
There will always be a reason to delay achieving your goals or more specifically, that can get in the way of doing the things that make you feel good. Re-engage with your pursuits, starting with the vertical challenge this week!
- Happy Birthday Carter!
Running in the heat / HERE
Choose the best running jacket for your outdoor pursuits by: Janine Taylor / HERE
Assurance BY HANNAH. This week Hannah explores the meaning behind confidence. HERE.
New programs up loaded. HERE
I talk about the vertical in the video above - be sure to take a few minutes to listen before setting your vert goals for the week!
Last week we talked about how important consistency is when it comes to moving your fitness forward and how it helps #closethegap between where you are today and where you are heading.
This week I dive into a story called The Heavy Load and talk about how carrying past mistakes, failure, fears or negativity or self judgement doesn’t serve us and that we need to learn to let go so we can make space for new experiences and successes.
We will use the hashtag #TheTravellingMonks to remind everyone to let go of things that don't serve us anymore and that every day is a new day to do your best and feel good.
Review the importance of having a proper rest strategy from last week and to take 5 minutes, and read the section on goal setting to help you get focused on the next four weeks.
If you don't have a recovery routine in place for when you finish your long runs or key workouts or races, you're probably not maximizing your potential. Click HERE to learn more.
Stillness BY HANNAH. This week Hannah explores some ways you can find stillness and relax.
- Happy Birthday Trent!
- Congrat's to all the No Goat, Yes Goat finishers!
- YOGA CHALLENGE!! 20min of yoga per day to earn 5 bonus checkmarks this week!
- ATTEND YOGA Livewatch party WEDNESDAY 8pm for 1 bonus checkmark. If you can't make the live watch - it's recorded so you can watch it anytime!
- TONIGHT LIVE WATCH / PRIZE GIVE AWAY PARTY AT 8pm
WEEK FIVE WORKOUTS
- see google calendar for details.
- option to replace the speed session with an easy 45min to 60min recovery run.
WEEK 5 HASHTAGS
Last week we talked about perspective and used the story about #theoldfarmer to help remind us to trust that ups and downs are always a matter of perspective in both our training journey and in life.
COACHES NOTES: WEEK THREE
A THOUGHT IS ONLY A THOUGHT AND IT CAN BE CHANGED.
Life is too short to hang onto criticism or negative thoughts and I discuss ways to rise to the occasion and say “okay, the going is tough but this is going to be great!”
The next time you're thoughts try to take you down, remember that a thought is just a thought and can be changed and that your new way of thinking will help you #risetotheoccasion.
Fueling- baseline fueling worksheet for the new folks and making adjustments for those who feel dialled in.
What to consider when purchasing new trail runners by: Carter Fortney
Hannah writes about choosing joy HERE.
- Happy Birthday Milan!
- Part 2 of a 3 part series on Breathwork by Natalie Bishop. Learn to enhance your training and performance through breathing techniques. Click HERE.
Summer Social Playlist By PACE
- It's awesome! Thanks to everyone who contributed.
- We will keep it open for another week so you can add a song and still #earnyourcheckmark
Next group run July 15th. RSVP tab is available and will be open until July 12th.
WEDNESDAY & SUNDAY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
**Please be sure to watch the following videos before week one's video:
1. How we communicate.
2. Accountability Program / Earn Your Checkmark
password protected: SUMMERSOCIAL
This week I talk about how "success is whatever you say it is" and I set the tone for athletes to start the clinic off knowing what you need to feel successful and not get caught up in comparisons with what other people or training groups are doing.
Creating your own narrative and #forgeyourownpath for this weeks hashtag!
CONNECT / COMMUNITY
Learn more about the PACE leadership team by reading bios on the website HERE. We will get caught up in person this Wednesday on the ZOOM call at 8pm!
LEARN (2 parts this week)
- Set goals for the first four weeks of the clinic. This is for both new athletes and rollover's from the spring clinic.
- Online programs. Which program is best for you?
MENTOR (2 parts this week)
- Learn how to upload a GPX track from Strava to your watch HERE.
- Review the top 10 essentials for trail safety and what you'll need for this Sunday's run! *this information is not in this video but will be published before the weekend run*
- Hannah talks about beginnings. Click HERE.
- Don't forget to RSVP for the ZOOM call on Wednesday and the Adventure run on Sunday before Tuesday at 8pm - CLICK HERE.
Scroll the categories below to find information as the clinic progresses.