As we enter week 8 we close our our 2nd build phase it's impressive to see how far we have come since the start of the clinic. Embracing change, adapting to this new normal and yet, still being very successful when it comes to our achievements, our outlooks and how we've chosen to stay connected.
This week will feel like a push for many of us. We may start the week tried, more achy and our workouts might need more "warm up" time, need to stay in an easier effort. We have one more week to build our fitness before our next rest week. Get in touch with how you're feeling and don't be afraid to back off if you feel like you're already processing a healthy level of stress for your body right now. Although we're following a "program" - remember that not everyone fits into a particular way of doing things. #befree to make your own choices and create a journey that feels good to you.
Some of our crew is fighting through some niggles and may remain in the #dothelittlethings phase for another week. This is okay. You need to know that others have had ups and downs in their journey this spring and we all need to stay focused on our own individual needs and journey.
Don't get sucked into comparing to others or trying to keep up to anyone around you right now. #BeFree to make good choices for you... continue by watching week 8's video above.
"a group of friends that feels like a family is priceless. your intuitions brought you together to lift each other up and protect one another. the time you spend together is truly precious, empowering and rejuvenating. always laughing, learning and facing the ups and downs as one."
Steve and Anthony have put together an entertaining and helpful video on how to upload a GPX route from Strava to your watch this week. Watch it HERE. **Thank you Steve and Anthony for helping with this project*
This week we return to the mat with the lovely Natalie Bishop to continue learning more about our breath. Natalie has provided new exercises for you to practice as your mentor section for this week. Click HERE to learn more.
This week we are continuing with gratitude. Click HERE to read more.
- Happy Birthday to Marni King & Jennifer Miller this week!
THIS WEEK'S CHECKMARKS
#RetroTimes (optional but fun)
1. Take a minute to update any checkmarks for workouts or postings you have made during this next phase. The draw party is this Sunday AT 7:15pm so you'll want your checkmarks all up-to-date!
2. Attend Natalie's breath workshop on Wednesday at 7:15pm on FB live or complete the session afterwards on your own time.
3. Submit a song for a new playlist: RETRO TIMES by P.A.C.E.
- choose a song from the first album you ever bought, or from the first band/artist you remember really loving or making an impact on your life. This artist, band or song should be one that takes you back to a moment in time where music really impacted you. #RetroTimes
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up for the summer clinic!
- Registration opens to the public on May 20th (this Wednesday).
- This Sunday at 7:15pm is our next Facebook Live Video for our phase II accountability draw prizes!!!
WEDNESDAY & SUNDAY WORKOUTS
This space will essentially become a diary for the spring clinic. I will be uploading weekly videos to share information, motivation and instructions on particular workouts or the new clinic format.