Updated as of 8pm
Please ensure you read the Route Notes and Description below before tomorrow!
The start & finish of the route is NOT marked. These are residential / road sections.
I have included detailed instructions below that you will need to know before you start.
I am so excited for the enduro tomorrow and I want to thank everyone who adapted their plans to make it work. It feels good to move things forward in a safe manner that can slowly start to bring PACErs back together gain. I am stoked to see you all out there!
The enduro is an opportunity for you to put your fitness to the test and get feedback on your training. It's also a good opportunity to test your gear, warm weather running or any other strategies. Remember its not a race but at the same time, don't be afraid to push it a little out there tomorrow and run in your own bubble... there will be lots of PACErs out there, so you won't be alone ;) Keep in mind you're not tapered... but that this is still training!
1. fast finish. Run the majority of your enduro at your normal long run pace and the last 10-20min at a hard pace.
2. Negative split - run the 2nd half of your enduro faster than your first half.
3. Progression - make it your goal to slowly get faster with each lap.
4. Keep it basic. Run the whole enduro at your normal long run pace. This is appropriate if you have additional fatigue or any niggles.
Thank you to those who confirmed their attendance via the facebook poll on our private group page. If you didn't see the poll - just text me please so I can account for you. 250-878-1736.
Please be mindful of social distancing and avoid congregating in groups over 10. I know many of you have your running bubbles right now and lately we have been hearing such positive feedback from the PHO about how much safer it is to be outside and reduced risks. I am hopeful this will mean positive things for our group runs, after the long weekend update!
CANYON FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL
1211 Frost Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 5M1
START: anytime after 7am! I will head out on the course at 6:30am to pre-run / fill in some markings.
CLOSES: I will start clearing the course at 11:00am. So as long as you start your last lap by 10:30am or can remember the course, you can keep it going longer, if you want.
- GPX file HERE
- Approx. 8km / 300m per loop.
- You do as many loops as you can in the training duration outlined on your training plan.
- You can always do an out and back if you don't have enough time to complete a full lap.
- there is a small out and back on the GPX that was an error. It's not flagged, so when you come to that section, stay straight. (if you're following the GPX on your watch)
- Frost Road, Gordon road and the paved path over to South Ridge Drive is NOT marked.
- When you take the path off Gordon it will pop you into a cul-du-sac. Stay left on the paved walking path and it will pop out at the playground and the marking starts there.
- The end of the course dumps you out on South Crest Drive and I didn't mark the residential area. Continue straight until you reach South Ridge again.
- See description below for full details.
I will be using orange irrigation flagging and only pinning MAJOR junctions. There will NOT be a lot of confidence markers, so please ensure you're looking up at all junctions :)
I plan to be out on the course cheering, running and saying hi to everyone tomorrow. I will likely run the lap in reverse, after pre-running it. I look SOOOOOO forward to seeing everyone. xo
I wish I could host you all at my house, but this will have to wait for the summer clinic. It's coming PACErs and backyard cheers too, hopefully!
TRACKING YOUR LAPS
If you would like to track your lap times, please upload them to the accountability doc. I have created a tab on the bottom for the Enduro. Obviously, some of your laps will be longer or shorter than others, depending on what you decide to do in terms of going back to your car or not. This is okay. These numbers are for you to reference, to be accountable and for me to track and see your progress.
Please call my cell if you get lost, injured or need help tomorrow at any time. 250-878-1736.
AFTER THE RUN
Please pop over to my house to pick up your PACE treat. I am at 4987 Windsong Crescent, below Frost avenue. We have a set of lockers on our front porch and I will put your treat in a locker with your name on it. I may have to double up a few names / share a locker with your fellow pacer.
Please note: this will also serve as an indicator for me that you are finished and safe.
This page is set up to share all the communications, information, announcements and training. It's your go-to place to find it all.