If you haven't already RSVP'd for this run via Facebook, please either respond to the poll on the group page, email or text me before 6pm tonight. There is logistics and planning that the team has to put together so we appreciate your cooperation. (this is going to be so much fun!)
Whether you're tapering, kicking or finishing off your R135 or using Little White as a build and challenging adventure, I know you all want to know the details so you, too, can plan. This run does require car pooling, as we park up on the KVR and there is limited parking. It also requires some people to drive and drop. This means anyone who is running down to Dunnenzies for the full run, will require a lift. Those who are running the Little White section only, will be required to drive, as you will drive to the start/finish. Masks will be mandatory for car pooling and we have a few leaders who are happy to car pool. I feel it will be a smooth process. If there is anyone who is uncomfortable with car pooling for this run, please text or call me right away: 250-878-1736. xo
CAR POOLING & START TIMES
EVERYONE IS MEETING AT DUNNENZIES ON PANDOSY IN THE LOWER MISSION.
When you arrive, please locate your leaders so they can each arrange the car pooling and instructions in smaller groups. Please ensure you're wearing your buff/mask and bring one with you on the run. Thank you.
6:00am arrive at Dunnenzies to park. Please try to fill the residential areas first, although I know many of you that are parking are planning on pizza and beer at Dunnenzies afterwards. Everyone meets here and we car pool to the start of the run, which is on the KVR together.
6:10am depart Dunnenzies **please arrive on time, as we will be rolling out HOT.
6:30am - 6:45am depart for the summit of Little White!
GROUP A: STEPHANIE & NICOLE
CAR POOL DRIVERS: Helen & Glennys
- Jenn G
- Alec G
- Jen Trotman
GROUP B: HAYLEY & RENE
CAR POOL DRIVERS: Rene & Rosanne
- Carri L
GROUP B: KEVIN & TARA
CAR POOL DRIVERS: Tara & Erika
- Erin J
- Natalie F
- Erika I
GROUP C: STEVE & ANTHONY
CAR POOL DRIVERS: Christian & Chris B
- Ryan E
- Alana J
20k/3hrs to 4hrs
- Chris B
If you are missing from this list or listed to car pool and are unable to drive, please let me know ASAP.
Please also note that each group has a mix of latte/capp & capp/espresso. I have arranged the groups in a manner that allows the groups to stay smaller and ensure there is a mix of short and long distance runners so car pooling will work.
Those doing the full 36km, please pack a small bag/cooler to keep in the vehicle you car pool with, so you can restock your water and fuel before you carry on the final stretch back to Dunnenzies. Can drivers please swing by my place on the way down to drop off any items on my driveway? Once runners reach Dunnenzies, they can drive to my place to pick up.
Little White summit and back
- 850m to 1000m
- 3hrs to 4.5hrs
Full Little White summit & descent back to Dunnenzies
- 980m to 1079m
- 5hrs to 6.5hrs
WHAT TO BRING - this list is mandatory for every runner and for your safety and the safety of the group.
- first aid kit, including any medication necessary for allergies or pre-existing conditions, tensor bandage & emergency blanket.
- light wool layer for warmth
- wind/waterproof jacket
- gloves, mitts or two buffs
- toque or headband or buff
- LITTLE WHITE SUMMIT AND BACK - minimum 3 liters of fluid and 600-800 calories
- FULL LITTLE WHITE TO DUNNENZIES - minimum 6 liters of fluid and 1000 - 1500 calories*
*those running the full Dunnezies can take the minimum Little White summit fluids and calories and then refill at the cars before continuing to Dunnenzies.
We will be following our COVID safety plan for group runs. Please review HERE.
I will be monitoring the PHO's and making adjustments to the Wednesday in-person sessions as we go. For now, based on a maximum of 10 allowed outside at a time, I will be assigning groups to particular weeks for in-person coaching. I will rotate the weeks, so that everyone has an opportunity for "group" training.
WORKOUT SIGN-UP DETAILS
STANDARD WARM UP DURATIONS
25km - 20min
50km - 30min
I recommend you do the same cool down durations, however if you need to cut your workout short, please cut the cool down and try to stick to the warm up durations. Thank you.
I will continue to monitor the PHO's and hopefully safety increase our Wednesday training group size until we're all able to train together again :)
1. Please sign up if you're interested in running with other people in small groups on the leader lead runs.
2. Moving forward, this will be our temporary format for every "leader lead" run until the PHO's change.
3. You will be assigned to a group with no more than 10 people. Groups will be assigned based on distance and pace.
4. All groups will have 1-2 leaders, choosing a route and adventure for the training duration.
5. Covid safety protocols and social distancing is required in each group.
6. Sign up closes the Wednesday prior to the run, at 7pm.
7. You can continue to run solo or with your own bubbles if preferred. This is an option for those PACErs who want to connect and run in a safe manner with others in the PACE family, during this unique time.
This page is set up to share all the communications, information, announcements and training. It's your go-to place to find it all.