Transition into Phase II of Covid-19
**Please see the private group facebook page for the live video posted on May 14th due to the video above not working**
- breakdown of what we know about BC's new restart plan and how we are adapting our clinic phase II plan around it.
- talk about how to assess risk and how we can keep our risks low.
- plans for the remainder of the spring clinic.
- plans for the upcoming summer clinic.
- We want to monitor what BC's Restart Plan / Phase II looks like in our community and give it some time to unfold before we implement our phase II.
- We have done such a good job of the virtual platform so far and this is going to be our new normal for awhile, so we don't feel the need to rush into things just yet.
- That said, we will be very closely monitoring things and will stay open to making any changes as we go.
- some positive changes to the remainder of the spring clinic that are happening organically with Phase II are a.) if you're comfortable, you can run in small groups of 2-6 people now b.) BC Parks are about to open which will hopefully give you more options and help some of you feel more comfortable on your long runs.
- we will add more training videos on strength and mobility.
- we will keep the virtual coaching platform going with videos from coach R
- new online training plans with different focus. a.) those bumping up in groups b.) high volume plan for anyone who still has races scheduled, virtual races, camps or wants to maintain their base into 2021. c.) lower volume plans for those who don't have as much time for training but want to stay connected with the pace community, their goals and be challenged.
- love yoga, breath workshops, happy hour zoom meetings and more creative challenges and ways to stay connected.
- 4-6x small group runs spaced out every 2-3 weeks of the clinic to a low for a natural self isolation period should someone in PACE be sick and not know.
- We will also choose 4-6 locations and rotate the groups between the locations so we are all not showing up at one parking lot every run.
- wednesday runs will remain virtual.
- clear rules and guidelines put in place to ensure the safety and health of everyone while on group runs
- locally designed t-shirt summer style!
Thank you to everyone for supporting our spring clinic and helping make this challenging time so much more positive. We don't want anyone to feel any pressure to continue with us this summer, however as a team we are going to work hard to find new creative ways for us to stay connected and grow off the spring platform. We know the summer will look different with travel restrictions and it will be one of our highlights to share the journey with you this summer.
Comments are closed.
This space will essentially become a diary for the spring clinic. I will be uploading weekly videos to share information, motivation and instructions on particular workouts or the new clinic format.