MENTOR / BREATH
WEEK ONE BREATH WORK
Imagine running without feeling breathless or being hungry for air…
Breathlessness is often the most significant limiting factor when exercising. A carefully designed program involving diaphragm alignment, rib cage mobility, and specialized breathing techniques can aid in the delivery of oxygen to cells, reduce breathlessness and take your running to the next level.
Unconsciously your breath has the power to keep you alive. With conscious awareness and the freedom to breathe as your were created to breathe, your breath has the power to change the outcome of your life (and your running!)!!!
Join us on April 22nd as we explore Breath work for runner with Natalie Bishop via Facebook LIVE WATCH PARTY this Wednesday from 7:15pm to 7:45pm.
Breath Awareness: Begin to pay attention to how you are breathing.
1) Notice the length of your inhales and exhales
2) Notice the length between inhale and exhale
3) Notice where you feel the breath creates movement in your body ie: shoulders, upper/lower rib cage, belly.
WARM UP PRACTICE
You're encouraged to do practice this for the remainder of the clinic during your warm up on Wednesday and within the first 10-30min of your long runs.
1) Practice making your exhale one second (increasing to 2 or 3) longer than the inhale.
2) Practice breathing through your nose (for 30 seconds/1 minute /2 minutes) during your warm up or cool down.
BREATH WORK CONTINUED
1) Increase the length of your exhale while walking/running.
2) Practice increasing the pause between exhale/inhale at rest and while running.
This space will essentially become a diary for the spring clinic. I will be uploading weekly videos to share information, motivation and instructions on particular workouts or the new clinic format.