SPRING WEEK 10
Watch this weeks video to hear more about the following:
VIRTUAL WEDNESDAY & VIRTUAL SUNDAY RUN INSTRUCTIONS
HASHTAGS / BONUS CHECKMARKS
- Create you "To-Don't List". You don't need to share it with anyone. It's the honour system. Take a few minutes to identify what things you need to let go of in order to become more productive, successful or feel better.
- Sunday FB Watch Party - music trivia / karaoke with Steve & Rene @ 8:00pm.
- tag photos with #EarnYourCheckmark / #PaceTrailRuns / #ToDontList / #RespectLife / #GetTheVertBeforeTheVertGetsYou
Spring Week 8
As we enter week 8 we close our our 2nd build phase it's impressive to see how far we have come since the start of the clinic. Embracing change, adapting to this new normal and yet, still being very successful when it comes to our achievements, our outlooks and how we've chosen to stay connected.
This week will feel like a push for many of us. We may start the week tried, more achy and our workouts might need more "warm up" time, need to stay in an easier effort. We have one more week to build our fitness before our next rest week. Get in touch with how you're feeling and don't be afraid to back off if you feel like you're already processing a healthy level of stress for your body right now. Although we're following a "program" - remember that not everyone fits into a particular way of doing things. #befree to make your own choices and create a journey that feels good to you.
Some of our crew is fighting through some niggles and may remain in the #dothelittlethings phase for another week. This is okay. You need to know that others have had ups and downs in their journey this spring and we all need to stay focused on our own individual needs and journey.
Don't get sucked into comparing to others or trying to keep up to anyone around you right now. #BeFree to make good choices for you... continue by watching week 8's video above.
"a group of friends that feels like a family is priceless. your intuitions brought you together to lift each other up and protect one another. the time you spend together is truly precious, empowering and rejuvenating. always laughing, learning and facing the ups and downs as one."
Steve and Anthony have put together an entertaining and helpful video on how to upload a GPX route from Strava to your watch this week. Watch it HERE. **Thank you Steve and Anthony for helping with this project*
This week we return to the mat with the lovely Natalie Bishop to continue learning more about our breath. Natalie has provided new exercises for you to practice as your mentor section for this week. Click HERE to learn more.
This week we are continuing with gratitude. Click HERE to read more.
- Happy Birthday to Marni King & Jennifer Miller this week!
THIS WEEK'S CHECKMARKS
#RetroTimes (optional but fun)
1. Take a minute to update any checkmarks for workouts or postings you have made during this next phase. The draw party is this Sunday AT 7:15pm so you'll want your checkmarks all up-to-date!
2. Attend Natalie's breath workshop on Wednesday at 7:15pm on FB live or complete the session afterwards on your own time.
3. Submit a song for a new playlist: RETRO TIMES by P.A.C.E.
- choose a song from the first album you ever bought, or from the first band/artist you remember really loving or making an impact on your life. This artist, band or song should be one that takes you back to a moment in time where music really impacted you. #RetroTimes
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up for the summer clinic!
- Registration opens to the public on May 20th (this Wednesday).
- This Sunday at 7:15pm is our next Facebook Live Video for our phase II accountability draw prizes!!!
WEDNESDAY & SUNDAY WORKOUTS
Transition into Phase II of Covid-19
**Please see the private group facebook page for the live video posted on May 14th due to the video above not working**
- breakdown of what we know about BC's new restart plan and how we are adapting our clinic phase II plan around it.
- talk about how to assess risk and how we can keep our risks low.
- plans for the remainder of the spring clinic.
- plans for the upcoming summer clinic.
- We want to monitor what BC's Restart Plan / Phase II looks like in our community and give it some time to unfold before we implement our phase II.
- We have done such a good job of the virtual platform so far and this is going to be our new normal for awhile, so we don't feel the need to rush into things just yet.
- That said, we will be very closely monitoring things and will stay open to making any changes as we go.
- some positive changes to the remainder of the spring clinic that are happening organically with Phase II are a.) if you're comfortable, you can run in small groups of 2-6 people now b.) BC Parks are about to open which will hopefully give you more options and help some of you feel more comfortable on your long runs.
- we will add more training videos on strength and mobility.
- we will keep the virtual coaching platform going with videos from coach R
- new online training plans with different focus. a.) those bumping up in groups b.) high volume plan for anyone who still has races scheduled, virtual races, camps or wants to maintain their base into 2021. c.) lower volume plans for those who don't have as much time for training but want to stay connected with the pace community, their goals and be challenged.
- love yoga, breath workshops, happy hour zoom meetings and more creative challenges and ways to stay connected.
- 4-6x small group runs spaced out every 2-3 weeks of the clinic to a low for a natural self isolation period should someone in PACE be sick and not know.
- We will also choose 4-6 locations and rotate the groups between the locations so we are all not showing up at one parking lot every run.
- wednesday runs will remain virtual.
- clear rules and guidelines put in place to ensure the safety and health of everyone while on group runs
- locally designed t-shirt summer style!
Thank you to everyone for supporting our spring clinic and helping make this challenging time so much more positive. We don't want anyone to feel any pressure to continue with us this summer, however as a team we are going to work hard to find new creative ways for us to stay connected and grow off the spring platform. We know the summer will look different with travel restrictions and it will be one of our highlights to share the journey with you this summer.
CLINIC COMMUNICATION PLATFORMS
In this introduction video I review the new clinic layout and the different communication platforms we will use this spring. Please take the time to watch the full video so you can get the most out of your clinic experience. Thank you :)
- email platform.
- Review the new layout and value points.
- It's really important to read every week.
- need to accept the invitation. If it won't open on your phone, try to open the invitation on your computer first
- how to use the content in the calendar to your best benefit.
- workout breakdowns.
- A LOT OF ADDITIONAL information to support your workout every Wednesday / Sunday.
- how we are working on support platforms for trail recommendations, apps and virtual guidance.
- point tracking system for our Accountability Challenge (separate video)
- why it's mandatory this clinic.
- virtual component / watch parties.
- created performance page & communications page
- password protected (sent via email)
This space will essentially become a diary for the spring clinic. I will be uploading weekly videos to share information, motivation and instructions on particular workouts or the new clinic format.