Due to the current icy conditions in Myra Bellevue Provincial Park, we have changed the location of the event to keep everyone safe and make it a positive experience.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility!
SUNDAY DECEMBER 14, 2014
NEW LOCATION: Knox Mountain.
PARKING: Continue past the tennis courts, up the main road to the first look out and parking is on the left had side. (If the gate to the main road is closed, park by the tennis courts.)
ARRIVAL TIME: Please arrive at 9:45am so you have time to drop off your donations to Rene & get organized into your appropriate groups & meet your trail leader.
RUN TIME: 10:00am to 11:00-11:15am (60-75min)
A GROUP: Averaging 5-7min kilometer
B GROUP: Averaging 8-10min kilometer
C GROUP: Averaging 11+ min kilometer
D GROUP: walking/hiking social to pauls tomb and back. Kids/families welcome.
WHICH GROUP IS FOR ME?
The A group will be an experienced fast paced group. (finishing top 1/3 in a trail race)
The B group will be a moderate paced group. (finishing mid-pack in a trail race)
The C group will be slower and great for beginners or those who finish in the last third of a trail race
The D group will be a social walk/hike with some hills.
WHAT TO BRING:
1. Donations for the food bank.
2. Hot chocolate, tea or water for after your run.
3. Warm layers for before and after we run, as there will be an option tail-gate party after the run and PACE will have some treats for everyone.
4. Pack with water, food and an extra layer in case we have to stop or you get cold.
5. Dress in festive colors or costumes. Red, Green, White. Be creative! Prize for best costume.