- I am on holidays in Revelstoke this week!
- Thank you for your understanding and support with the changes to the clinic format.
- Sending love to our fellow PACEr who is recovering from COVID. xoxo
- Congratulations on all the amazing #workethic this week from everyone. (even those who missed the eduro)
- Those who didn't get out for the run - don't feel guilty...
- Anthony, Ingrid, Sam and Matt :) :) :) :)
THIS WEEKS HASHTAG IS #SHINEBRIGHT - It’s a challenging time in our world right now and I know there’s more anxiety and stress around the pandemic, tightening our circles, watching the numbers and experiencing some of our loved ones and friends who have been or are currently sick.
The hashtag this week is a simple reminder that even in dark times or tough times, we get to decide how to show up and work throught it. It’s okay to feel sad, extra stress and anxiety at times, and feeling all the feels is how we get thought the tough times stronger.
#shinebright is just that little nugget that will hopefully remind us that we don’t need to feel that way all the time and that we can focus on the brighter things in our life, the ways we’re fortunate such as living in BC and Kelowna and to have this wonderful PACE community to support us, to focus on and help us stay in touch with our goals which is so important now adays.
So get out there and show me, show you and show our community how you can #shinebright this week!!
To help with that…. I have a fun workout planned to take our minds off of being too serious and to keep things light while we still get to have a great workout.
You have 60min to try and cover as much distance as you can, while trying to check off as many things from the following photo list. Please note: your photo must include you and the items on the list. Happy route planning!!
1. By a restaurant, brewery, coffee shop or pub.
2. By a gas station.
3. By some water.
4. In the woods.
5. In a playground
6. By a church.
7. With a pinecone.
8. Doing your favorite stretch.
9. By a white vehicle
10. With a view
11. With christmas lights
12. By a fence.
13. With any kind of sign.
14. By a fire hydrant.
- You must keep your watch going and can't pause or stop it for the entire 60min.
- The goal is to cover as much distance as you can while taking as many selfies off the list as you can.
- post your collage of selfies on either the private group page or on your social media page for a bonus checkmark! (can't wait to see these)
- Don't forget to post your distance too!
If you are not up for the photo scavenger hunt speed session, you can run a 60min tempo run, aiming for a negative split. A negative split is simply running the back half of a long run faster than you ran the first half.
15km - 90min
25km / 50km - 2hrs
Back to back challenge. Saturday and Sunday or one longer run again one of the days.
Trent did a video on achilles strengthening and shares some of his wisdom from personal experience with achilles injures and exercises to help strengthen and prevent injury! Click HERE.
- Spread Joy by: PACE
- holiday playlist so we can all feel together this holiday season, despite things being different than previous years.
- use #shinebright in your social media postings
Click HERE for the google accountability doc.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.