1. Learn why I choose #smallthingsoften for this weeks hashtag. A heart to heart on Covid-19 and taking time to nourish ourselves and focus on the positivity.
2. BIRTHDAY DANCE / SONG for Marja, Tom & Tara :)
3. Workout details for Wednesday & Sunday. I breakdown the different focus for Maintenance and Build athletes.
4. SPREAD JOY PLAYLIST - get on it :) Channel your holiday spirit and add a song knowing it will help spread joy to your fellow PACErs this holiday season.
- I am on holidays in Revelstoke this week!
- Thank you for your understanding and support with the changes to the clinic format.
- Sending love to our fellow PACEr who is recovering from COVID. xoxo
- Congratulations on all the amazing #workethic this week from everyone. (even those who missed the eduro)
- Those who didn't get out for the run - don't feel guilty...
- Anthony, Ingrid, Sam and Matt :) :) :) :)
THIS WEEKS HASHTAG IS #SHINEBRIGHT - It’s a challenging time in our world right now and I know there’s more anxiety and stress around the pandemic, tightening our circles, watching the numbers and experiencing some of our loved ones and friends who have been or are currently sick.
The hashtag this week is a simple reminder that even in dark times or tough times, we get to decide how to show up and work throught it. It’s okay to feel sad, extra stress and anxiety at times, and feeling all the feels is how we get thought the tough times stronger.
#shinebright is just that little nugget that will hopefully remind us that we don’t need to feel that way all the time and that we can focus on the brighter things in our life, the ways we’re fortunate such as living in BC and Kelowna and to have this wonderful PACE community to support us, to focus on and help us stay in touch with our goals which is so important now adays.
So get out there and show me, show you and show our community how you can #shinebright this week!!
To help with that…. I have a fun workout planned to take our minds off of being too serious and to keep things light while we still get to have a great workout.
You have 60min to try and cover as much distance as you can, while trying to check off as many things from the following photo list. Please note: your photo must include you and the items on the list. Happy route planning!!
1. By a restaurant, brewery, coffee shop or pub.
2. By a gas station.
3. By some water.
4. In the woods.
5. In a playground
6. By a church.
7. With a pinecone.
8. Doing your favorite stretch.
9. By a white vehicle
10. With a view
11. With christmas lights
12. By a fence.
13. With any kind of sign.
14. By a fire hydrant.
- You must keep your watch going and can't pause or stop it for the entire 60min.
- The goal is to cover as much distance as you can while taking as many selfies off the list as you can.
- post your collage of selfies on either the private group page or on your social media page for a bonus checkmark! (can't wait to see these)
- Don't forget to post your distance too!
If you are not up for the photo scavenger hunt speed session, you can run a 60min tempo run, aiming for a negative split. A negative split is simply running the back half of a long run faster than you ran the first half.
15km - 90min
25km / 50km - 2hrs
Back to back challenge. Saturday and Sunday or one longer run again one of the days.
Trent did a video on achilles strengthening and shares some of his wisdom from personal experience with achilles injures and exercises to help strengthen and prevent injury! Click HERE.
- Spread Joy by: PACE
- holiday playlist so we can all feel together this holiday season, despite things being different than previous years.
- use #shinebright in your social media postings
Click HERE for the google accountability doc.
"Training is not the work you do. It is the effect that the work has on your body."
- Renato Canova
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDI !!!
- Work Ethic pep talk
- Wednesday workout details
- Sunday Enduro details
- Earn bonus checkmarks this week: #workethic
1. Happy Birthday song for Nicole T :)
2. Vertical Challenge congrats!
3. Staying on a meaningful path is more important that arriving at a particular place.
4. Winter Clinic Registration Thank You!
TENTATIVE 2021 EVENT PLAN FOR PACE
I talk about the tentative event plan for PACE in 2021. Races, Virtual Runs and Camps.
REST WEEK TIPS
Rest weeks are intended to be a consolidation week to allow our body to catch up. The goal this week is to NOT add to your fitness bank, but get recovered and rest as soon as possible so you’re ready to start building or continue with your maintenance next week. I share tips on how to make rest week count!
1. New groups and start times.
2. Please stick to your groups and start times.
3. The groups and times are created to help spread us out and maintain our safety protocols with COVID.
4. If you need a different start time, just email me and I can move you.
5. I also just want to remind you all that we need to keep our physical distance while we’re on our group runs and Wednesday workouts and avoid loitering in groups before or after the runs.
6. I know this is challenging and we all want things to go back to how they were before, but we need to hang in there and do our best to follow protocols and keep one another safe. Thank you.
Random Interval Workout.
1. I will have 10 different workout cards pinned on the fence.
2. Each card will have a workout written on it, such as 1min tempo followed by 1min rest. Repeat 4 times.
3. Athletes can choose any workout from a card that you want, however you can't do the same card twice.
4. You perform the card workout for a set duration: All groups: 25min this week for rest week.
5. I will post a workout sheet that you can print and cut the workouts out if you can't make the workout or live out of town.
Flat to rolling loop if possible that is approx. 800m in length.
Warm up and cool down times
15km - 10min
25km - 15min
50km - 20min
Phase II Greenway. Staggered starts. Please sign up on FB poll or text me your RSVP for Sunday.
15km - 90min
25k/50k - 2hrs
Take Nina's yoga practice that is archived under video's on our FB group page.
The future is unknown and there are so many ways tomorrow could go, but what if, instead of worrying about all that could go wrong, you focused on the beautiful truth that all along, you have had this moment right here to focus on one thing at a time. One conversation at a time. One project at a time. one hour at a time. One breath at a time. Whatever is pushing you to think you have to sort it all out at once does not have a final say on how things go today. - MHN
THIS WEEKS HASHTAG: #THISMOMENT
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.