Please check into your fundraising pages and ensure you have raised or topped up your $150 participation donation amount. Everyone has been doing a fabulous job! Thank you so much for all your hard work and support.
I have updated the website and you are required to sign up for the 6am or 7am start time. Details can be found on the web.
We did a course recon on Sunday. We ran 27.5k of the 32-35k that you guys will run this Sunday. There is a lot of overgrown bushes and we will be walking a lot of the sections, so you can expect it to take a little longer. Here are some things we learned that we can pass along to you for this weekend:
1. Wear a full cap/hat. You will have twigs and branches all over your head.
2. Wear a short sleeve and not tank top. The rose bushes can be mean and attack you out there!
3. Apply sunscreen. We are remote and it will be a long way to walk out if you get sunstroke or heatstroke. Don't risk it.
4. Apply bug spray + bring a small container with you. Trust me. You don't want to forget this step unless you want to run irritated, itchy and waste your running energy on smacking your skin for 5+hrs.
5. Bring a soft flask or water bottle along to refill at the 16k or 20k creeks. They are small creeks & refilling your bladders will not be convenient or time efficient with a large group. Be sure to drink from your flasks or water bottles first, so they are ready to be refilled at the half way mark.
6. Bring purification tablets. Once you add a tablet, it requires 30-40min before you can drink from it.
7. Bring a small first aid kit with blister kit, tums, tensor bandage etc... in the case of an emergency.
8. Poles will be handy for more than helping you up the hills. They block the bushes/twigs, help you bushwhack over logs, through mud etc... recommended if you have them.
Our charity runs are known to be challenging beyond the physical sense. They often have elements in them are really difficult, like heat, trail obstacles or annoyances like a bazillion trees to climb over on the High Rim Trail or a lot of overgrown bush and technical terrain like this weekend.
We are strong. We will work together. We will run proud, knowing we are supporting those in need and have a truly memorable, wonderful and rewarding experience!