This Sunday, December 14th will mark the 4th annual Holiday Hamper Trail Run with PACE Sports Fitness. The generous and outstanding PACE team volunteers their time & expertise to help give back to the community each year, in exchange for donations towards the Kelowna Food Bank.
We make it easy for everyone to get involved and choose a group that is best suited for you, your fitness level and comfort. We use a "loose" formula based on your fastest 10k road time. If you don't know your fastest 10k time, then we suggest going conservative. Either way, nobody is going to be left behind or excluded. Look at the crew in the photo above... it doesn't get any kinder or more supportive that that ;) This is NOT a race. It's a fun, social trail run with the goal to bring people together, enjoy a trail run and support our local food bank. The duration of the run or hike is 75-90min. After the run we encourage you to bring warm layers, jackets and pack some hot cocoa or tea in a thermos. PACE will provide cookies and sweets :) If you have a preference, please bring it along!
CHOOSING YOUR GROUP: Based on your fastest 10k road time:
A GROUP: 55min or less
B GROUP: 55min to 70min
C GROUP: 70min to 90min
D GROUP: Hike. No running.
Don't forget to bring non-perishable items for the food bank + please bring them in a separate bag. Thank you for you support! See you, your friends and family on Sunday December 14th at 10:00am. The event takes place at the end of Stewart Road East, Crawford Main Parking Lot.
1. Bring non-perishable items for the food bank.
2. Dress up in festive colors or costumes. Red, Green, White. Be creative! Prize for best costume.
3. Bring warm clothes, jackets and some hot cocoa or tea for after the run tail gate party so you stay warm after you're finished running.
4. Arrive at 9:45am so we can get into our appropriate groups and take our team photo.
5. Run/hike departs at 10:00am.
6. Run duration is 75-90min.
7. After party in the parking lot is optional but encouraged :)